All foam is not alike
Process Control Technology COURSE
One of TWUA’s most requested courses; ask GBRA, City of Houston Operators and many others across Texas.
TCEQ 20 hrs. course in development 2023
Enhance Your Operational Skills
- What Parameters to Select & Why
- Data Evaluation & Interpretation
- Identification of Microorganisms and Significance
TCEQ 8 Hours: “CEUs”
CONTACT: Texas Water Utilities Association (TWUA), Central Office
Process Control Technology Course *DEVELOPMENT* ~ *ASSESSMENT* *TROUBLE-SHOOTING*
Who Should Attend? Intermediate to Experience Plant Operators, Treatment Plant Supervisors/Managers, Engineers. Certification Levels: “C” thru “A”; Regulatory Inspectors.
In-depth discussion on how to utilize various wastewater treatment process control tools and techniques.
Process Upsets? How to recognize and interpret; what corrective action(s); also, when, why & what to monitoring to help prevent reoccurrences.
- Learn the most common process control mistakes some operators make when adjusting their treatment process
- Chlorination is NOT the solution to all Foaming Issues; Learn how to identify types of foam; then solutions
- Clarifier Sludge Bulking vs. Sludge Rising; the final visual appearance on clarifiers are almost the same. How to recognize; more so, what to do
- Detailed overview of the treatment process’s Eco-System – View Microbial activity in their natural habitat (Note: Live classes each attendee uses microscopes. (Contact TWUA to schedule this course live!)
- Low “DO” and/or low “pH” issues; learn the root cause and how to correct. Example, adjusting for low “pH” issue; most operators add a “basic” chemical to raise the effluent’s pH. This is addressing the symptom; not the root cause.
- If your current Process Control Program (PCP) only consists of monitoring “MLSS” along with your Influent; for the same Effluent’s TPDES Parameters; i.e. (CBOD5, TSS, NH3-N, etc.) You absolutely need this course. There are other inexpensive tests that are essential to an effective process control program and crucial when trouble-shooting upsets
Walk-In a Good Operator ~ “Reactive”
Walk-Out a Skilled Operator ~ “Proactive”
*DEVELOPMENT* ~ *ASSESSMENT* ~ *TROUBLE-SHOOTING*
TCEQ Accredited Training Hours: “8 CEUs” ~ One Day!
Training: Classroom & Customize
- “Process Control Technology Course”, virtual or traditional.
- TCEQ Accredited Certification Training; 8 Hours
- To Schedule call TWUA’s Central Office
Virtual Process Control Technology Course
Register Online: https://twua.org/online-class-dates
Submit Inquiry or Call BES Direct to Schedule Customize Training Classes; 281.778.9993
Examples of Customize Training Courses/Sessions
- QA/QC in the Laboratory
- Chemical Interpretation of Lab Data
- Laboratory Management
- Analytical Data for the Environmental Professional
- Basic Process Control for the Operator
- Sample Collection Techniques (Defensible)
- Regulatory Guidance Document ~ TCEQ RG-002 Wastewater Process Control (Updated)
- Micro Exams for the Wastewater Eco System
- Where Did That Chemical Come From?
- Management Courses;g. (Sustainability)
- Effectiveness Solids/Sludge Management Program
- Process Control Technology Course (for Advance Operators; Managers & Engineers (8 Hrs. TCEQ CEUs)
- Laboratory QA/QC Decod